Conditions of Use & Cancellation Policy
The use of the SEGWAY is at your own risk. The handling of the device requires skill and its use may be dangerous for the participants themselves and other road users (in particular motorcyclists, cyclists, pedestrians). Before the start of the tour, you are required to sign our disclaimer, thereby confirming that you have read, understood and accepted our Conditions of Use and Cancellation Policy.
-The tour participant confirms that he/she is physically and legally able to ride a Segway. Persons with health issues (e.g. vertigo!) will not be able to take part in our Segway tours for safety reasons.
- Minimum age: 12 years when accompanied by a parent/grandparent/legal guardian - a parent/grandparent/legal guardian must accompany children and young adults between 12-18 years of age. Please note: Parents/grandparents/legal guardians are liable for children/grandchildren!
- Children and young adults aged 12-18 years may participate in a tour on their own as long as they present written consent signed by a parent or guardian. The guardian's signature must be provided on site before the tour.
- Minimum age without accompanying adult: 18 years.
- For safety reasons (risk of falling, etc.) we strongly discourage pregnant women from taking part in the tour.
- Inebriated or otherwise intoxicated persons are prohibited from riding a Segway. Participants who are evidently drunk or intoxicated at the beginning of a tour will not be permitted to participate in the tour. They will be reimbursed for the tour with a voucher (no cash payment).
- The total body weight required for safe handling of a Segway is a minimum of 40 kg (88 pounds) and a maximum of 120 kg (264 pounds).
- It is recommended to wear flat, sturdy footweard(no heels).
Before the start of the tour:
- The participants are required to arrive at Wolf-Dietrich-Straße 3 no less than 15 minutes before the tour starts.
- Each participant will be given a fully functional, sufficiently charged vehicle.
- The participant is required to treat the Segway sensibly and with the greatest possible care. The Segway must not be given to a third person.
- The participant is liable for any damage to the vehicle and/or damage caused by accidents with other road users and/or physical damages, as well as for any violations of Austrian traffic law.
- A helmet must be worn at all times while on the Segway. Free rental helmets are available; however, the participant may also bring and use a fully functional personal bike helmet.
- Each participant will receive a comprehensive training session in the safe handling of a Segway, until he/she is able to operate the vehicle safely (in particular usage of brakes). We reserve the right to exclude participants from the tour who do not appear suitable to operate aSegway, who ignore the (security) instructions of the tour guide and who disturbe the tour or endanger themselves and/or others. In the event of unsuitability, the participant will be reimbursed the full gross price of the tour. In the event of misconduct, the participant will receive a voucher.
During the tour:
- The participant may not pass the Segway on to a third person. The Segway may not be used on the sidewalk.
- Theparticipant has been informed that the maximum speed in pedestrian zones is walking speed.
- The tour guide reserves the right to alter or shorten the route for security and / or organizational reasons (road blockings due to events, participants' Segway riding skills, participants' misbehavior) and /or if the regular duration of the tour is likely to be exceeded considerably.
- All tours also take place in bad weather (rain, fog, wind, cold). Segway Tours Salzburg will equip all participants with free rain ponchos. In winter conditions (i.e. heavy snowfall and ice), the tour date may be postponed to a later date or the participant will be reimbursed the gross price.
Bookings and Cancellations:
- BOOKINGS: Bookings are valid only on receipt of the full amount indicated on the invoice sent by Segway Tours Salzburg prior to the tour. If the invoice amount is not paid, the desired date is not guaranteed.
- CANCELLATIONS: Tours that have been booked and paid for may
be cancelled up to 42 days ( 6 weeks) before the tour date for a full refund of the gross price at a handling fee of € 10 per person.
be cancelled up to 21 days (3 weeks) before the tour date for a refund of 50% of the gross price or voucher(s) for the full amount of the tour price.
be cancelled from 20 days before the tour date onwards in exchange for a voucher for the amount paid by the customer that can be redeemed at Segway Tours Salzburg. This voucher is valid for one year after the date of issue, can be transferred to another person and may be used (depending on availability) at any time.
no longer be participated in in the event of a no-show (= no cancellation until 15 minutes before the start of the tour by phone or by e-mail). Any claim will be void.
- The tour guides of Segway Tours Salzburg are experienced Segway tour guides and are not state-approved tourist guides (Austria Guides). It is not the business purpose of Segway Tours Salzburg to offer historically detailed, conventional city tours.
- Participants are welcome to store small pieces of luggage/bags and personal belongings in our office. Segway Tours Salzburg is not liable for any personal items!
- The obligations arising from this contract end upon the proper return of the SEGWAY. The vehicle as well as the key and any additional equipment must be in perfect condition. In the event of any damages, the participant will be held responsible for the resulting damage.
- Despite careful maintenance of our Segways and planning of our tours, there may be cases of unexpected reduced battery capacity. In such rare cases, we reserve the right to shorten tours accordingly if necessary.
- This contract between the participant and SEGWAY Tours Salzburg shall be governed exclusively by Austrian law.
- The valid place of jurisdiction is Salzburg.